- “This project shows how public and private sectors complement each other in developing countries” June 16, 2016
- Burkina Faso: a public-private partnership to fight desertification and land degradation June 16, 2016
- Livelihoods Carbon Fund elected “Best Corporate Offsetting Programme 2016” June 7, 2016
- Practical solutions to transform the agricultural model March 22, 2016
- India: A Protective and Nutritive Natural Barrier February 16, 2016
- Guatemala: Improving Livelihoods by Saving Biodiversity February 16, 2016
- Indonesia: Mangroves Spurring New Businesses February 16, 2016
- Momentum from the COP21 continues: Firmenich and Veolia to join Danone and Mars in a new fund that creates mutual benefits for smallholder farmers, business and the environment January 21, 2016
- Happy New Year 2016! January 4, 2016
- Livelihoods’ COP21 event at the Global Landscapes Forum December 8, 2015
Step into our world
Our mission is to help rural farming communities
restore their ecosystems in order to sustainably improve their incomes and livelihoods.
Ten large companies have invested €40m in our first investment fund, which has enabled the plantation of 130 million trees that will benefit one million people and sequestrate nearly 10 million tons of carbon.
Launched with Danone and Mars, Inc., our second investment fund will commit €120m to sustainably convert 200,000 hectares of farmland in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The fund’s projects will benefit 2 million people and help companies to sustainably transform their supply chains.
Over every mountain there is a path although it may not be seen from the valley.Theodore Roethke
What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.Mahatma Gandhi
The future depends on what you do today.Mahatma Gandhi