As an organization actively engaged in reforestation and agroforestry, Livelihoods Venture is proud to sign the Trees4Climate Manifesto (www.trees4climate.org) asking governments present at the 21st meeting of the Conference of Parties of the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP21) to consider trees and forests as a solution for climate change. Read More
Investing in Landscapes
Livelihoods presents its new fund Livelihoods 3F at the Global Landscapes Forum in London
Livelihoods’ mangrove project wins the Ramsar Wetland Conservation Award 2015 for Innovation
Livelihoods' mangrove restoration project in Senegal won the Wetland Conservation Award 2015 for Innovation at Ramsar's COP12 in Punta del Este, Uruguay.
French Minister Annick Girardin visits our clean cookstove project in Burkina Faso!
Ms. Girardin was in Burkina Faso to lay the groundwork for the COP21 in Paris this December. During her trip, Ms. Girardin visited our project with the NGO Tiipaalga that fights deforestation in the Sahel via eco-friendly stoves.
More than 150 actors of family farming at the Livelihoods Camp!
Check out the TV and radio report by Radio France International on the Livelihoods Camp held from Feb. 23-26th in Burkina Faso.
Livelihoods launches its newest project- clean cookstoves in Burkina Faso!
This project will reach 30,000 households living in the dry Sahel region
Livelihoods launches its 2nd fund dedicated to family farming!
New fund to invest 120 million euros in the next 10 years to implement projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, helping more than 200,000 smallholder farmers and 2 million people and boosting the sustainability of their crops.
Livelihoods receives its first carbon credits!
Our projects will collectively sequester 8 million tons of CO2 in the next 20 years. In 2014, we received our first carbon credits from two of our projects in India and Senegal: 141,500 tons!
The Global Landscapes Forum: The Investment Case, held in London on June 10th, drew together the diverse worlds of finance and science. Investment bankers rubbed shoulders with agriculture and forestry researchers, as well as representatives from advocacy groups and government agencies, to create practical solutions to encourage investment in the environment through new innovative models and financial tools. Read More
The Livelihoods Carbon Fund has implemented the largest mangrove restoration project in the world with 100 million mangrove trees planted over 10,000 hectares in Casamance, Senegal with the local NGO Océanium. This project won the Ramsar Wetland Conservation Award 2015 for Innovation on Wednesday June 3rd at the Meeting of the Conference of the Contracting Parties to the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands (COP12) in Punta del Este, Uruguay. This year’s theme was “Wetlands for our Future.” Read More
Step into our world
Our mission is to support the efforts of agricultural
and rural communities to live in sustainable ecosystems.
Reforestation and Agroforestry
Reforestation restores damaged forests and renews degenerated soils that have lost their productivity. Agroforestry is an agricultural approach of planting crops under trees to create multi-layered functional forests that yield more diverse and sustainable land-use systems.
Mangrove forests are powerful carbon sinks thanks to their twisted webs of roots above ground that absorb carbon dioxide. They help protect coasts from tidal surges and are a rich source of biodiversity. Yet they are among the world’s most threatened ecosystems.
Access to basic energy needs remains a significant challenge for rural communities in developing countries. Over-reliance on wood and solid fuels for cooking and heating purposes leads to land degradation and contributes to climate change. 4 million premature deaths occur every year due to harmful smoke exposure from inefficient cooking methods.
"Over every mountain there is a path although it may not be seen from the valley."− Theodore Roethke
"What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another."− Mahatma Gandhi
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds RT @BClimateSummit: Emmanuel Faber, CEO @DanoneGroup supports the @BClimateSummit. #BusinessClimate http://t.co/RAOWZrfQXO 6 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds "We need to scale up such best practices"- Indonesia's Ministry of Environment citing our mangrove project as a success! @BClimateSummit 6 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Excited to announce @livelih00ds has become the newest supporter of #sustainable #ag coalition @farmingfirst! http://t.co/TFgjX2l5xV 8 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Vivre le Livelihoods Camp comme si vous étiez avec @RFI @RFIAfrique @SOS_SAHEL_ dans ce reportage video https://t.co/uvNpcAOLPs #Sahel 15 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Découvrez notre projet des foyers améliorés au Burkina Faso avec @RFIAfrique @RFI ici: https://t.co/7tuaHJUDbf #desertification #Sahel 15 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Livelihoods gathers 100+ actors from 21 countries in family farming to discuss agriculture in dryzones #LVcamp2015 http://t.co/Nb06NdN8aN 17 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Last day of #LVCamp2015 ! So many rich exchanges and friendships have taken place here! @SOS_SAHEL_ http://t.co/dldId6dgjj 18 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds RT @SawapCommunity: #ministry_agriculture_Malawi create and deploye natural and accessible soil fertilizer: organic manure #LVcamp2015 http… 18 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds The #LVCamp2015 is in full swing! @SOS_SAHEL_ #institutfrancaisouaga #burkina faso #familyagriculture http://t.co/llN7JXtaMQ 18 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Participants of #LVCamp2015 meet local Burkinabé farmers at the Guiè farm known for its sustainable agriculture http://t.co/9SKJMv9pY7 18 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds "Personne a une monopole des connaissances. Ensemble on va plus loin" -Bernard Giraud, President, Livelihoods Venture 18 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds The 3rd #LVCamp2015 is based on a "diverse coalition of actors-NGOs, govts, companies, etc."that want to drive change http://t.co/QXU1HlS6fq 18 weeks ago