- Livelihoods signs the Trees4Climate Manifesto June 25, 2015
- Investment in Landscapes: Need for new approaches June 17, 2015
- Livelihoods’ mangrove project wins the Ramsar Wetland Conservation Award 2015 for Innovation June 5, 2015
- French Minister Annick Girardin visits our clean cookstove project in Burkina Faso May 6, 2015
- Relive the Livelihoods Camp 2015 with Radio France International! March 20, 2015
- Discover our clean cookstove project in Burkina Faso with Radio France International! March 18, 2015
- The Livelihoods Camp gathers more than 100 actors of family farming in Africa March 4, 2015
- Media Buzz: Livelihoods’ new Fund for Family Farming March 4, 2015
- Impact Investment: A new approach to development aid? February 19, 2015
- Livelihoods launches its 2nd fund dedicated to family farming! February 12, 2015
Investing in Landscapes
Livelihoods presents its new fund Livelihoods 3F at the Global Landscapes Forum in London
More than 150 actors of family farming at the Livelihoods Camp!
Check out the TV and radio report by Radio France International on the Livelihoods Camp held from Feb. 23-26th in Burkina Faso.
Livelihoods signs the Trees4Climate Manifesto
As an organization actively engaged in reforestation and agroforestry, Livelihoods Venture is proud to sign the Trees4Climate Manifesto (www.trees4climate.org) asking governments present at the 21st meeting of the Conference of Parties of the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP21) to consider trees and forests as a solution for climate change.
Livelihoods launches its 2nd fund dedicated to family farming!
New fund to invest 120 million euros in the next 10 years to implement projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, helping more than 200,000 smallholder farmers and 2 million people and boosting the sustainability of their crops.
French Minister Annick Girardin visits our clean cookstove project in Burkina Faso!
Ms. Girardin was in Burkina Faso to lay the groundwork for the COP21 in Paris this December. During her trip, Ms. Girardin visited our project with the NGO Tiipaalga that fights deforestation in the Sahel via eco-friendly stoves.
Livelihoods’ mangrove project wins the Ramsar Wetland Conservation Award 2015 for Innovation
Livelihoods' mangrove restoration project in Senegal won the Wetland Conservation Award 2015 for Innovation at Ramsar's COP12 in Punta del Este, Uruguay.
Livelihoods receives its first carbon credits!
Our projects will collectively sequester 8 million tons of CO2 in the next 20 years. In 2014, we received our first carbon credits from two of our projects in India and Senegal: 141,500 tons!
Step into our world
Our mission is to help rural farming communities
restore their ecosystems in order to sustainably improve their incomes and livelihoods.
Ten large companies have invested €40m in our first investment fund, which has enabled the plantation of 130 million trees that will benefit one million people and sequestrate nearly 10 million tons of carbon.
Launched with Danone and Mars, Inc., our second investment fund will commit €120m to sustainably convert 200,000 hectares of farmland in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The fund’s projects will benefit 2 million people and help companies to sustainably transform their supply chains.
"Over every mountain there is a path although it may not be seen from the valley."− Theodore Roethke
"What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another."− Mahatma Gandhi
"The future depends on what you do today."− Mahatma Gandhi