In a report commissioned by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, Emmanuel Faber (Deputy General Manager of Danone) and Jay Naidoo (Chairman of the board of the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition- GAIN) present 10 proposals for a new approach on development assistance based on the principles of the “inclusive economy”. Livelihoods Venture’s President Bernard Giraud helped co-write this report, given that the Fund’s innovative investment hybrid model is a perfect real-world example of how a diverse coalition of actors from the private and public sector can work together in this arena.
Livelihoods is looking for a new project! We welcome your organisation to participate in our selection process for a best-in-class project to be decided upon and launched before the end of 2014.
SAP, the German multinational software company, today announced that it will power all its data centers and facilities globally with 100 percent renewable electricity starting in 2014. Read More
Step into our world
Our mission is to support the efforts of agricultural
and rural communities to live in sustainable ecosystems.
Reforestation and Agroforestry
Reforestation restores damaged forests and renews degenerated soils that have lost their productivity. Agroforestry is an agricultural approach of planting crops under trees to create multi-layered functional forests that yield more diverse and sustainable land-use systems.
Mangrove forests are powerful carbon sinks thanks to their twisted webs of roots above ground that absorb carbon dioxide. They help protect coasts from tidal surges and are a rich source of biodiversity. Yet they are among the world’s most threatened ecosystems.
Access to basic energy needs remains a significant challenge for rural communities in developing countries. Over-reliance on wood and solid fuels for cooking and heating purposes leads to land degradation and contributes to climate change. 4 million premature deaths occur every year due to harmful smoke exposure from inefficient cooking methods.
"Over every mountain there is a path although it may not be seen from the valley."− Theodore Roethke
"What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another."− Mahatma Gandhi
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds "We are here for the long run" Hervé Deguine of Michelin explains why Michelin has joined Livelihoods http://t.co/eGNQqisHjQ @DownTo_Earth_ 1 week ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds @VodafoneUK teaching our partner NGOs abt how mobile technology can help small farmers #Livelihoodsworkshop http://t.co/15tZaDQzmS 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Our partner NGOs listen intently at #LivelihoodsWorkshop on co-creation @naandiliveli @naandi_india #NEWS http://t.co/uAWm6nKeWx 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds @philcroo merci! On distribue vos belles brochures ce soir à tous nos partenaires! 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Les salariés d'Hermès se sont rendus à notre projet au Senegal. Laetitia, pôle dev durable dans le dept cuir témoigne http://t.co/4LNetZB94y 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds How individual employees of partner investors contribute to our projects @DanoneGroup #hermes respond #RDVlivelihoods http://t.co/ihCus3uFlD 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds RT @fundaecoguate: Karen Aguilar our institutional development Director at the @livelih00ds partner meeting. #RDVlivelihoods http://t.co/f… 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds RT @gillesvermotd: #rdvlivelihoods pour lcop21 des mecanismes qui lient developpement et climats st essentiels ! A l'ex de @livelih00ds htt… 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Jean-Pierre Rennaud of Livelihoods explains how Livelihoods will get 8 million tons of #carbon in the nxt 20 years! http://t.co/2Q7k1dpUJQ 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds The Livelihoods Family is growing! All our partner investors, NGOs and institutions called on stage! #RDVlivelihoods http://t.co/imn38thzol 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds #RDVLivelihoods @DanoneGroup #Franckriboud @firmenich #hermes #patrickthomas Contente que vous soyez ici ce soir! http://t.co/b9Oxq4vpFf 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Merci @DanoneGroup pour votre soutien! Le fonds Livelihoods a été crée par cette entreprise innovatrice en 2008 http://t.co/21X8gzyfoa 2 weeks ago