In a report commissioned by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, Emmanuel Faber (Deputy General Manager of Danone) and Jay Naidoo (Chairman of the board of the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition- GAIN) present 10 proposals for a new approach on development assistance based on the principles of the “inclusive economy”. Livelihoods Venture’s President Bernard Giraud helped co-write this report, given that the Fund’s innovative investment hybrid model is a perfect real-world example of how a diverse coalition of actors from the private and public sector can work together in this arena.
Livelihoods is looking for a new project! We welcome your organisation to participate in our selection process for a best-in-class project to be decided upon and launched before the end of 2014.
SAP, the German multinational software company, today announced that it will power all its data centers and facilities globally with 100 percent renewable electricity starting in 2014. Read More
Step into our world
Our mission is to support the efforts of agricultural
and rural communities to live in sustainable ecosystems.
Reforestation and Agroforestry
Reforestation restores damaged forests and renews degenerated soils that have lost their productivity. Agroforestry is an agricultural approach of planting crops under trees to create multi-layered functional forests that yield more diverse and sustainable land-use systems.
Mangrove forests are powerful carbon sinks thanks to their twisted webs of roots above ground that absorb carbon dioxide. They help protect coasts from tidal surges and are a rich source of biodiversity. Yet they are among the world’s most threatened ecosystems.
Access to basic energy needs remains a significant challenge for rural communities in developing countries. Over-reliance on wood and solid fuels for cooking and heating purposes leads to land degradation and contributes to climate change. 4 million premature deaths occur every year due to harmful smoke exposure from inefficient cooking methods.
"Over every mountain there is a path although it may not be seen from the valley."− Theodore Roethke
"What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another."− Mahatma Gandhi
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds On est ravi d'annoncer le Livelihoods Camp 2015 au Burkina Faso avec @SOS_SAHEL_ Plus d'infos:http://t.co/nyV3mgCxWO http://t.co/FcAX1BHhFC 6 days ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds We're thrilled to announce the Livelihoods Camp 2015 in Burkina Faso w/@SOS_SAHEL_ More info http://t.co/lGxknPa0UR http://t.co/arWrj84P2S 6 days ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds @Credit_Agricole"Avant on a acheté les crédits carbone sur le marché maintenant on les génere avec la valeur sociétale ajoutée"#convergences 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Livelihoods participates in #convergences panel on co-construction with @Credit_Agricole @Rexel_Group @veolia http://t.co/YXPF8yRtxG 2 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds RT @treecredits: This Film Narrated By Leo DiCaprio Presents A Clear Climate Change Solution: Price Carbon http://t.co/PiJDeCllEQ via @Huff… 3 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds RT @WWFFrance: Le 21 septembre, rejoignez le mouvement pour montrer qu'un meilleur avenir est possible! http://t.co/l43VG5laV5 #MarcheClima… 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds RT @WWF: Earth Overshoot Day marks the date in the year when our footprint exceeds what Earth can regenerate. That day is today. #oShoot 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Cooking against #desertification: How Livelihoods' new project in #Burkinafaso is preventing #deforestation http://t.co/jxcRKiE863 5 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds RT @IWMI_Water_News: Can we prevent conflict by reducing hunger? @Food_Tank @CGIAR @IFPRI @PIM @IFAD http://t.co/riomHkyzJr 9 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds The Livelihoods annual event on July 8th was a huge success! Read all about it here: http://t.co/94xTymxA7j 9 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds Merci @NathalieCroise pour cet article sur Livelihoods @BFMTV! "Le modèle est innovant et ça marche." http://t.co/4HP2g4FEaT 9 weeks ago
- Open in Twitter Livelihoods Venture @livelih00ds "We are here for the long run" Hervé Deguine of Michelin explains why Michelin has joined Livelihoods http://t.co/eGNQqisHjQ @DownTo_Earth_ 10 weeks ago